Sunday, June 3, 2007

Snow in Summer...Don't Even Think About It!


The way this year is going, I wouldn't be surprised. It's happen before. The Snow in Summer Cerastium tomentosum, looks beautiful right now. I read a few complaints about this plant because of its invasiveness. But, hey, when you have 1350 sq. feet to fill I'll take it. I read an article that said the best place to plant this was as a form of "dry riverbed," meandering under a small bridge. I think that would certainly be beautiful. I like it for its dainty flowers and soft green foliage.


I wore myself out yesterday trying to get my annuals in. Mostly Verbena. So, today I'm paying for it by having to recuperate. Oh... for that energy I used to have when I was younger. I used to get soooo much done. Working a stressful full-time job, raising a son,mostly by myself, because I was putting a husband through school (course, he decided after doing this that I was no longer good enough for him... but that's another story which I'd rather forget), and yet I seemed to be able to get everything done.

I notice a lot of posts about how much rain a lot of gardeners have had. More than we have. At least everything here is lush and green and it's nice to have some cool weather to work in.

2 comments:

Alberta said...

To contain my snow in summer, I potted it and then planted the pot! Seems to work well.

~Niki~ said...

Just ran across your blog. Great job w/ all the garden pics!http://nikisventures.blogspot.com/