Thursday, May 17, 2007

It's a "Blue" Day...



Ajuga, Iris and Creeping Veronica


I've got the blues today. The weather has been mostly lousy all week with 59 high yesterday. Skies are dark and gray most of the day. Unusual for this time of year, although you never know about May. Unpacked my summer clothes today but it's too cold to wear them. You see, we are spoiled in Colorado, as we are used to mostly sunny days. When it does set in like this it stays for a while. I am remembering how May often is.... hot...hot...hot... with winds that desiccate everything you plant. And I'm trying without much success to think how fortunate I am. The good news is that the City announced that because of heavier-than-usual snowpack and high reservoir levels we will not have watering restrictions this year.

Actually, this is great weather to transplant some perennials. The problem is that I've been playing catch-up for two weeks because of family and caregiving demands. Not much I can do about that so I end up feeling frustrated that I don't have the energy to get everything done (which is most likey the whole problem in a nutshell.) A trip to a garden center would have helped but no time for that either. Instead, I did take a walk around my gardens and took some photos. Great light for that.

Tomorrow's another day and I'm planning on a much brighter outlook. In the meantime, here are some "blue" photos to match my mood! And you can bet that when hot weather suddenly arrives one day soon I'll be complaining just as much...from the heat!

1 comment:

Mariana said...

Hi!!
I've been reading your blog, and it's been an inspiration for me!
I live in Mendoza, Argentina, and our weather is much like you describe!
I'm also an architect, and I intend to begin a landscaping desing bussines. I always though that dry weather plants where boring and well... dry... But you preved me wrong!!!!
Anyways, just wanted to thank you for your beatiful blog.
I'd like to ask you many questions, but Probably you are busy... I leave my e-mail, in case you feel like contacting me (mariana.ojeda@gmail.com)