Friday, May 4, 2007

A Hardy Little Trooper.... "Jack Is Back"

Brunnera macrophylla False Forget-Me-Not, Alkanet, Jack Frost

Yea!! I am always relieved to see this beautiful plant re-emerging. Now in his 3rd year, "Jack " resides in a dappled shade garden. He would be quite a bit larger were he not in such a windy, harsh place. But Jack can take it... he's a strong little trooper. As you can see I gave him at least some protection from the cold south wind that ravishes this area by creating a micro-climate close to this Iris. Jack is very cold hardy (thank goodness) and brightens up a shade garden with his electric blue flowers and frosty silver leaves. He's one of my favorites.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jack is one of my favorites, too! I admit that I wasn't expecting to fall in love with him quite as much--and as quickly--as I have. He's a keeper. :)

Kylee Baumle said...

I love mine, too! It really is about as perfect as a plant can get. Yours is fabulous!

Bev said...

Thanks for your comments Blackswamp Girl and Kylee. He looks even more beautiful than when I took this photo. Almost as tall as the Iris!