Tuesday, August 7, 2007

My Husband's New Yard Art




My husband surprised me the other day with his creativity. He bought some plastic wine glasses on sale at Wal-Mart. They were scratched and a very cheap. He put eye screws in the bottom and hung them with small chain rope. Walla!! Not only to they catch the light and add a touch of color to my "Critter Corner" but, the real reason for their being, they help add some weight to the branches, giving us a little more shade on the picnic table. Pretty neat, huh??

6 comments:

Connie said...

Pretty creative all right...especially for a guy,ha. Tell him your garden blogger friends agree... it is neat!

Marie said...

The colourful glases made your "Critter Corner" real cozy! You don't always have to buy somthing ex'pensive to make a differens... It was real nice to visit you again :o)

kate smudges said...

What a cool idea - I like the effect!

Bev said...

Thanks Connie... he will love that you said that! He loves to scour the dollar stores and bring home lots of junk...I mean ART... for the garden.

Marie, I'm glad you visited again. It is good to hear from you.

Kate - I liked the effect too. Really looks good with the light shining through. Would be nice to find a way to light them for night, huh? Thanks for visiting.

LostRoses said...

I'd say your husband is a "keeper" (but I'm sure you decided that long ago). Imagine a guy coming up with that. Please let him know how impressed I am, and the bonus of added shade gives him extra points!

Bev said...

LR - Yes, he is a keeper. Even though he sometimes drives me NUTS!! But that's pretty common?? He really surprised me with this one, because some of his ideas are not quite to my taste, if you know what I mean. He loves to "putter" around.