Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Beginning..... Drought of 2002







This being my first post, I need to start at the beginning.



The drought hit us hard in 2002 and with water restrictions, all of our coveted Kentucky Blue Grass lawns soon began to die in the dry heat. We bought this house in 1997, mainly because my husband enjoyed the large expanse of lawns up and down the street . That began to change as we watched our precious water reserves begin to shrink, while running off the impacted turf and flowing down the gutter, despite our various attempts to stop it. It was time to change what was no longer working. I took classes and researched waterwise methods to live more in harmony with our climate. I was dealing with 1350 sq. ft. of "hellstrips."







1 comment:

Jules said...

I enjoyed reading thhis