Tuesday, April 24, 2007

...and then again!



Well, at least Spring lasted for a few days! Blowing snow all day. Actually, this gives me a chance to draw attention to the micro-climates (or hydro-zones) that I created in an otherwise flat, bare expanse. This area gets sooooo much wind. In order to visually break up the long space and create areas where I could "tuck in" sensitive young plants, I placed upended landscape logs scattered about each strip. You can see how protected the Pasque flower in my previous post is. Moss rocks were placed here and there for the same purpose and to add some hardscape to contrast with the softer texture of the plantings.

2 comments:

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

You've still got snow? It's a heath wave over here even though it's supposed to be early spring.

Bev said...

Yes Yolanda, we STILL get snow sometimes. Bad blizzrds out in eastern part of state and cars are still buried in drifts. Luckily we didn't have much in the city and today and the next few days will again give us a touch of spring...with even some summer mixed in. Thanks for your interest in my site.

Bev